Sunday, August 7 2022 Sign In   |    Register
 

News Quick Search


 

News


Front Page
Power News
Gas News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Aug 01
Week of Jul 25
Week of Jul 18
Week of Jul 11
Week of Jul 04
By Topic
By News Partner
News Customization
Feedback

 

Pro Plus(+)


Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News
  •  



    Home > News > Gas News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    Italy's Eni forms gas joint venture with QatarEnergy


    June 20, 2022 - dpa

     

      Rome — Italian energy firm Eni SpA and QatarEnergy have announced a partnership to exploit gas in the Gulf state's North Field East (NFE).

      The companies entered into a partnership deal to form a new joint venture. QatarEnergy will hold a 75% interest while Eni the remaining 25% interest.

      The JV will hold 12.5% interest in the entire NFE project, including the 4 mega liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains with a combined capacity of 32 million tons per annum or MTPA.

      The NFE project, a $28.75 billion investment, will expand Qatar's LNG export capacity to 110 MTPA from the current 77 MTPA.

      NFE is expected to start production before the end of 2025.

      The agreement marks the completion of a competitive process started in 2019 and has a duration of 27 years.

      Eni said the deal is a strategic move, and will expand its presence in the Middle East.

      Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi said: "As a newcomer joining this world leading LNG project, we feel the privilege and the responsibility of being a strategic partner of choice for the State of Qatar.

      "This agreement is a significant milestone for Eni and fits our objective to diversify into cleaner and more reliable energy sources in line with our decarbonization strategy."

      ©2022 dpa GmbH. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

    TOP

    Other Articles - International


    TOP

       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2022 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.