ACI’s 9th National Conference on Microgrids will be held in Boston, Massachusetts on 17th & 18th April 2019.
The concept of a microgrid is quickly becoming one of the most popular trends in energy distribution, offering resilience and independence that can’t be achieved relying on the traditional power grid. Installations such as military bases, hospitals, universities and rural communities are already experiencing the benefits of switching to this method of power supply, and it seems the number of organizations adopting microgrid capabilities is growing steadily. With the added benefits of infrastructure resilience and renewable energy emphases, microgrids seem like a perfect fit for the future of energy distribution.
Key Topics for Discussion Include:
- Regulatory Framework
- Techno-Economic Analysis
- Strategies for Workforce Growth
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Modular Microgrids
- Hurricane Resilience
- Military Applications
- Vehicle-to-Grid Capabilities
- California’s Historic SB-100 Bill
To view a copy of the full conference agenda please click here
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Thomas Weaver, Manager of Distribution System Planning, American Electric Power
- Brad Swing, Director of Energy Policy and Programs, City of Boston
- Seth Mullendore, Vice President and Project Director, Clean Energy Group
- Jen Stevenson, Director of Research & Operations, Climable
- Edward Yim, Energy Policy Advisor, Department of Energy and Environment
- Darrell Thornley, Independent Consultant, D-TEC
- Larisa Dobriansky, Chief Business & Regulatory Innovations Officer, General MicroGrids
- Travis Sheehan, Founder and CEO, Gridling Global
- Galen Nelson, Senior Director of Innovation And Industry Support, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Michael Zimmer, Washington Counsel, Microgrid Institute
- Ken Horne, Director, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Sam Crawford, Managing Consultant, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Michael Winka, Senior Policy Advisor, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- James Gallagher, Executive Director, New York State Smart Grid Consortium
- Randolph Horner, Energy & Sustainability Correspondent, Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Thomas Bourgeois, Deputy Director, Pace Energy and Climate Center
- Jerome Garciano, Attorney, Robinson & Cole LLP
- Tarek Abdallah, Energy Security Program Manager, US Army Corps of Engineers
And many more!
Exclusive Tour of the Otis Air National Guard Base Microgrid!
In addition to the 2 day conference, on 16th April a limited number of conference attendees will receive a unique opportunity to visit the Otis Air National Guard Base Microgrid. There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come – first served basis. Please register your attendance when booking for the conference.
Special Discount Available to Energy Central subscribers:
As a supporting partner of ACI’s 9th National Conference on Microgrids, we are offering Energy Central subscribers a 15% discount on registration. To claim contact Cheryl Williams on + 44 (0) 203 141 0623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting EMGn9MKT