Saturday, June 25 2022 Sign In   |    Register
 

News Quick Search


 

News


Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Jun 20
Week of Jun 13
Week of Jun 06
Week of May 30
Week of May 23
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization
Feedback

 

Pro Plus(+)


Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News
  •  



    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    Iberdrola doubles its wind power portfolio in Brazil through Neoenergía


    May 14, 2022 - CE Noticias Financieras

     

      The wind farm is located in the State of Paraíba and was officially inaugurated on April 10. It is actually a complex made up of 15 wind farms, the first of which was commissioned in July last year, 17 months ahead of schedule, and now the entire project is fully operational.

      'Chafariz' has a total of 136 latest-generation wind turbines, totaling 471 MW installed, with 65-meter-long blades, capable of supplying one million people a year, according to company data collected by Europa Press.

      The complex has already been assigned 61% of the energy it generates to the regulated market, while the remaining 39% will be sold on the Brazilian deregulated market (Ambiente de Contratación Libre). The group's goal is to reach 1,600 MW by 2022, and to reach 90% of its installed capacity in renewables.

      Iberdrola is also advanced in the construction of another mega wind power complex in the country, 'Oitis', which will have 12 wind farms located between the states of Piauí and Bahia. With 567 MW of installed capacity - enough to supply energy to a city of 2.7 million inhabitants - 'Oitis' will be Iberdrola's largest onshore wind project in Latin America and the second largest in the world. It is expected to be completed by the end of this year.

      The Spanish energy company's growth in renewable generation in Brazil has been boosted by the investments it is making, after allocating 3.1 billion Brazilian reais (some 600 million euros) to green energy in the South American country last year, an increase of 246% over the previous year. Of this, 2.8 billion reais (more than 540 million euros) went to wind projects.



      These new assets have boosted Neoenergia's wind power generation to 2,313 gigawatt hours (GWh) in the last year, 23.16% more than in the previous year.

    TOP

    Other Articles - International


    TOP

       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2022 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.