Monday, August 8 2022 Sign In   |    Register
 

News Quick Search


 

News


Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Aug 08
Week of Aug 01
Week of Jul 25
Week of Jul 18
Week of Jul 11
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization
Feedback

 

Pro Plus(+)


Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News
  •  



    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    RWE, Commerzbank to offer offshore wind to mid-sized cos in Germany


    June 20, 2022 - SeeNews Renewables

     

      June 20 (Renewables Now) - German energy major ??RWE AG (ETR:RWE) plans to build a new gigawatt-scale offshore wind park to supply electricity to medium-sized industrial companies at home in partnership with Commerzbank AG (ETR:CBK).

      The two parties have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that outlines the creation of a so-called Green Mittelstand Fund, RWE said in a statement on Monday.

      The particular fund will provide mid-sized enterprises with the chance to make equity investments in the new offshore wind project or sign long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs), starting with a tranche corresponding to a capacity of 5 MW. Interested customers will also be able to combine the two options.

      RWE will develop, build and operate the 1-GW wind farm and will hold a 51% stake in it, leaving the remaining 49% to Commerzbank so it could offer equity to interested mid-sized businesses via the new fund.

      The partners intend to apply for a seabed for the project within the framework of the tenders scheduled for next year, in accordance with the planned amendment to the German Wind Energy at Sea act. RWE, though, stressed that tender conditions need to be improved in order to make them more attractive.

      More specifically, the company is of the opinion that the planned negative bidding component for so-called non-pre-surveyed areas needs to be removed from the current draft law because it would make green electricity unnecessarily more expensive for local companies. In addition, it is pushing for an improvement to the criteria for the award procedure, which have to differentiate between the bids and, at the same time, serve the objective of providing green power in "a smart and system-serving way," RWE concludes.

    TOP

    Other Articles - International


    TOP

       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2022 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.