This session discusses an effort underway to develop a common set of grid service terms and descriptions. These become critical when considering service-oriented coordination at the distribution level where the number of participants are growing. Join us!
Grid services support the operational paradigm for managing the electric power system. The terms and definitions for these services are formalized for the transmission and wholesale electricity markets where market participants compete for providing the service using their resources. Each wholesale market has evolved unique grid service names and definitions even though there is significant alignment on the types of services being exchanged. This session discusses an effort underway to develop a common set of grid service terms and descriptions.
Not only can commonly held names and definitions reduce confusion in discussions across various electricity markets, but they will become critical when considering service-oriented coordination at the distribution level where the number of organizations, participants, and tariff agreements are proliferating as customer-managed operational flexibility grows.
- Understand the categories of grid services for economic and reliable electric system operations.
- Hear the differences in grid service terms and definitions in North America today.
- Explore the growth in distributed generation, storage, and flexible load. Consider how coordinating their operation can benefit from a common grid service framework.
- Imagine the ease of integration of transmission level operation with distribution level operation if the concepts and terms for grid services were shared in both domains.
Who should view?
- Transmission system and market operators
- Distribution system operators integrating distributed generation, storage, and flexible load
- Staff and consultants encouraging or accommodating customer-managed flexibility in legislative policy and regulatory organizations
To Register or for more information follow this link.
About Energy Central PowerSessions™:
Energy Central PowerSessions, relaunched in late 2020, are interactive panel discussions around a specific topic in the industry. While these sessions may be sponsored, these are not product demo webinars or selling sessions but more focused on topic-specific discussions, shared case studies, and knowledge sharing. We also highly encourage interactive Q&A from the audience.
About Energy Central:
Energy Central is a community platform for electric power industry professionals to share, learn and connect in a collaborative environment. Supported by leading industry organizations, our mission is to help industry professionals connect and advance knowledge sharing for the benefit of the industry. We help the industry work better. Join the Energy Central Community today and be part of a growing community of over 200,000 registered members.
If you are interested in Energy Central Event Marketing packages, you can contact us at email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can access our media guide for more information.