Tuesday, May 30 2023 Sign In   |    Register

News Quick Search



Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of May 22
Week of May 15
Week of May 08
Week of May 01
Week of Apr 24
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization


Pro Plus(+)

Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News

    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    RWE’s LECH Nowy Staw III wind farm produces green energy for breweries

    March 15, 2023 - Greentechlead.com


      March 15 -- RWE announced that LECH Nowy Staw III wind farm by RWE has started producing energy for Kompania Piwowarska’s breweries.

      As of 2021, 100 percent of the electricity needs of the three breweries owned by Kompania Piwowarska are covered with wind energy supplied by RWE.

      Wind farm LECH Nowy Staw III is located near the town of Nowy Staw, about 50 km south-east of Gdansk. The wind farm, owned and operated by RWE, is comprised of three turbines, which together have a total installed capacity of 12 megawatts (MW) and meets 54 percent of Kompania Piwowarska’s demand for electricity necessary to brew beer in the Dojlidy Brewery, Lech Browary Wielkopolski and Tyskie Browary Ksiazece, while the remaining 46 percent is already delivered by the existing wind farms in Nowy Staw.

      “Thanks to the agreement with RWE, we have lowered CO2 emissions from our breweries by 66 percent compared to 2019, which constitutes a milestone in the execution of our environmental goals specified in the Better Future 2030 strategy, which includes becoming carbon neutral across our breweries by the end of this decade,” says Igor Tikhonov, CEO of Kompania Piwowarska.

      RWE operates Polish onshore wind farms with a capacity of more than 470 megawatts. Construction of the Znin project (48 MW) is underway. In addition, RWE is diversifying its renewables portfolio in Poland by investing in solar farm projects and has strengthened its business with the acquisition of 3 gigawatts solar pipeline in 2022.

      The installation completed at the beginning of this year was built under the PPA concluded in 2019 between Kompania Piwowarska and RWE. The first electricity from the new wind turbines has been supplied since February.


    Other Articles - International


       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2023 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.