Wednesday, May 31 2023 Sign In   |    Register

News Quick Search



Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of May 29
Week of May 22
Week of May 15
Week of May 08
Week of May 01
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization


Pro Plus(+)

Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News

    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    Learn about the requirements for the new CFE contract | Documentation | Pricing

    March 17, 2023 - CE Noticias Financieras


      • Redmi Smart Band 2 arrives in Mexico: color screen, heart rate and more features | Price
      • Researchers discover that dogs have a 'superpower' like in science fiction

      CDMX - If you are buying a new home that does not yet have electricity, it is essential that you know how to request a new electricity contract from the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), the electricity provider for thousands of homes in Mexico.

      To apply for a new electricity contract with the CFE, the first thing you must do is go to one of the windows to be attended. There, you will have to present some documents to be able to carry out the process without problems and obtain the service in your new home.

      But, what are the requirements to obtain a new electricity contract with the CFE? First of all, the nearest pole to your house must be at a distance of 35 meters in urban areas or no more than 50 meters in rural areas. In addition, your home must have wiring that complies with CFE standards. You can learn about these standards through the following link.

      If it is a recontraction, the service must be up to date and without pending charges. If your home meets these requirements, it is important that you present yourself at the CFE offices with the required documents to carry out the procedure.

      Required documentation

      What documents do you need to present to request a new electricity contract with the CFE? You will need a valid ID with x-ray and full name, the address of the place where the service is required, your RFC, telephone number and email address.

      In case another person is present at your place, it is important that he/she comes with an original letter of incorporation and a copy.

      It is important to mention that this procedure is completely free of charge. The CFE will request a deposit of 95 pesos to start up the service, and the time it will take to complete the installation will depend on the area in which the house is located.

      If you need the help of the CFE to get electricity in your new home, make sure you have all the requirements mentioned above. Don't wait any longer to get the service you need!


    Other Articles - International


       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2023 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.