A total of 168.96 GW renewable energy capacity has been installed in the country as on 28.02.2023. This includes 64.38 GW Solar Power, 51.79 GW Hydro Power, 42.02 GW Wind Power and 10.77 GW Bio Power. The Government has taken several measures to promote renewable energy in the country. The Government is allowing Foreign Direct Investment up to 100 percent under the automatic route.
* Letters of Award have been issued on 11.11.2021 to three successful bidders for setting up 8,737 MW of fully integrated solar PV manufacturing units.
* Scheduled Commissioning Date for this 8,737 MW manufacturing is November/December, 2024.
* Selection of solar PV manufacturers under Tranche-II with outlay of Rs 19,500 crore, has not yet been done.
Original Press Release:
March 23 -- Press Information Bureau, Government of India issued the following news release:
The State-wise and source-wise details of renewable energy capacity addition in the country during the last five years & current year i.e. from 2017-18 to 2022-23 (upto Feb 2023) are given in Annexure- I.
So far, a total of 168.96 GW renewable energy capacity has been installed in the country as on 28.02.2023. This includes 64.38 GW Solar Power, 51.79 GW Hydro Power, 42.02 GW Wind Power and 10.77 GW Bio Power.
The Government has taken several measures to promote renewable energy in the country, including, inter-alia, the following:-
* Permitting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 100 percent under the automatic route,
* Waiver of Inter State Transmission System (ISTS) charges for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned by 30th June 2025,
* Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2029-30,
* Setting up of Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Parks to provide land and transmission to RE developers for installation of RE projects at large scale,
* Schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM), Solar Rooftop Phase II, 12000 MW CPSU Scheme Phase II, etc,
* Laying of new transmission lines and creating new sub-station capacity under the Green Energy Corridor Scheme for evacuation of renewable power,
* Notification of standards for deployment of solar photovoltaic system/devices,
* Setting up of Project Development Cell for attracting and facilitating investments,
* Standard Bidding Guidelines for tariff based competitive bidding process for procurement of Power from Grid Connected Solar PV and Wind Projects.
* Government has issued orders that power shall be dispatched against Letter of Credit (LC) or advance payment to ensure timely payment by distribution licensees to RE generators.
* Notification of Promoting Renewable Energy through Green Energy Open Access Rules 2022.
* Notification of “The Electricity (Late Payment Surcharge and related matters) Rules (LPS rules).
* Launch of Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) to facilitate sale of Renewable Energy Power through exchanges.
* National Green Hydrogen Mission approved with an aim to make India a global hub for production, utilization and export of Green Hydrogen and its derivatives.
The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India, is implementing the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme under National Programme on High Efficiency Solar PV Modules, for achieving domestic manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt (GW) scale in High Efficiency Solar PV modules, with an outlay of Rs. 24,000 crore.
The PLI Scheme for High Efficiency Solar PV Modules Scheme is being implemented in two tranches.
Under Tranche-I, Letters of Award have been issued on 11.11.2021 / 02.12.2021 to three successful bidders for setting up 8,737 MW of fully integrated solar PV manufacturing units, within outlay of Rs. 4,500 crore. Scheduled Commissioning Date for this 8,737 MW manufacturing is November/December, 2024.
One of the successful bidders has selected manufacturing site in Andhra Pradesh.
Selection of solar PV manufacturers under Tranche-II with outlay of Rs 19,500 crore, has not yet been done.
The PLI Scheme for High Efficiency Solar PV Modules has provision for Production Linked Incentive (PLI) to the selected solar PV module manufacturers for five years post commissioning, on manufacture and sale of High Efficiency Solar PV modules. No funds have been released till date.
Annexure referred to in reply to part (a) of Lok Sabha Unstarred Question No. 3804 for 23/03/2023 regarding ‘Renewable Energy Targets Set and Achieved’
Disclaimer: Table can be viewed at: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1909956
This information was given by the Union Minister of New Renewable Energy Sh. R.K. Singh in the Lok Sabha Today.
[Category: Energy Equipment & Services, Renewable Electricity, Power, Power Generation, Regulatory and Legal]
Source: Press Information Bureau, Government of India