Sunday, October 1 2023 Sign In   |    Register

News Quick Search



Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Sep 25
Week of Sep 18
Week of Sep 11
Week of Sep 04
Week of Aug 28
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization


Pro Plus(+)

Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News

    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    MCCI holds session on energy efficiency in leather, textile sectors under EU project

    May 26, 2023 - Pakistan Business News


      The Multan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) has conducted a capacity-building and awareness session for industrialists on energy efficiency in the leather and textile sectors under a European Union (EU) project to accelerate economic development.

      According to an MCCI spokesman on Wednesday, the project was being executed with the help of WWF, ILO and other departments/organizations under which experts' services can be availed free by industries concerned for energy audit and energy efficiency.

      Addressing the session, Capacity Building Manager Rashid Ahmad said, "Experts' recommendations, if implemented, can reduce energy cost by 5-8 per cent."

      Lighting in industrial units consumes only 5 per cent of energy while the remaining 90-95 per cent was consumed by motors and dyes, he explained and suggested that old motors should be replaced and rewound motors must not be used.

      The industrial units that operate during the daytime could save a lot by opting for alternate sources of energy. Industry operational costs can also be cut by implementing the 4Rs of the waste management process, he said.

      Rashid said that the world had moved to 20-30 watt fans but Pakistan was still sticking to 120-150 watt fans.

      MCCI president Mian Rashid Iqbal said that the facility extended by the EU through this project may also be given to other industries. Alternate sources of energy could be a viable solution to problems local industry was facing due to the hike in power tariff and enhanced cost of production. However, to avail the option of alternate sources of energy, the industry needed more support, he added.

      MCCI senior vice-president Nadeem Ahmad Sheikh and vice president Sheikh Asim Saeed also spoke while convener women wing Rumana Tanweer Sheikh, industrialists from different industries and MCCI secretary-general Muhammad Shafiq were also present.


    Other Articles - International


       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2023 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.