Monday, October 2 2023 Sign In   |    Register

News Quick Search



Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Oct 02
Week of Sep 25
Week of Sep 18
Week of Sep 11
Week of Sep 04
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization


Pro Plus(+)

Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News

    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    Vestas confirms 161-MW wind turbine order in Finland

    June 9, 2023 - SeeNews Renewables


      June 9 (Renewables Now) - Danish wind turbine maker Vestas Wind Systems A/S (CPH:VWS) on Thursday confirmed it has received an order to build two wind projects with a combined capacity of 161 MW in Finland.

      The projects, Lumivaara and Storbotet, are jointly owned by French renewable power producer Neoen SA (EPA:NEOEN) and German renewables co-operative Prokon.

      Turbine delivery for both projects will begin in the early third quarter of 2024 and both wind farms are scheduled to be fully operational in 2025, Vestas said.

      The order for the 105-MW Storbotet project in the municipality of Uusikaarlepyy consists of 17 units of V162-6.2 MW turbines. Additionally, Vestas will deliver nine V162-6.2 MW machines for the 56-MW Lumivaara project in the municipality of Hyrynsalmi.

      As agreed, Vestas will service the turbines for 20 years.

      The construction of the two wind farms was initiated in May, Neoen said in a previous statement. The French company owns 80% of each project, with the remaining 20% held by Prokon.


    Other Articles - International


       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2023 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.