Friday, December 1 2023 Sign In   |    Register

News Quick Search



Front Page
Power News
Today's News
Yesterday's News
Week of Nov 27
Week of Nov 20
Week of Nov 13
Week of Nov 06
Week of Oct 30
By Topic
By News Partner
Gas News
News Customization


Pro Plus(+)

Add on products to your professional subscription.
  • Energy Archive News

    Home > News > Power News > News Article

    Share by Email E-mail Printer Friendly Print

    Ellevio buys power grid linked to 3.4-GW Swedish wind cluster

    September 21, 2023 - SeeNews Renewables


      September 21 (Renewables Now) - Swedish energy company Ellevio has bought the transmission network that is linked to the Markbygden 1101 cluster of wind farms in northern Sweden whose total capacity is expected to reach about 3,400 MW.

      The Markbygden Net AB power route connects parts of the Markbygden 1101, with about 1.7 GW of distribution capacity, and annual generation of about 5 TWh to 6 TWh. Upon acquiring the grid, Ellevio will have five customers consisting of the wind farm operators, according to a statement.

      The transmission network was acquired from German-Swedish wind and solar energy company Svevind AB, which had a stake of 75%, and German wind turbine manufacturer Enercon, which owned the remaining 25%. Financial details of the transaction were not provided.

      Markbygden 1101, located outside Piteå, Norrbotten County, is described as Europe's largest wind farm cluster. The complex of interconnected wind farms is expected to deliver up to 12 TWh annually which is equivalent to about 7% of Sweden's total electricity production.

      The project is realised in three separate stages and, once completed, it will house up to 1,101 wind turbines. Phase 3 is the last, and potentially the largest, of the project, located between the villages of Koler and Långträsk. In 2018, it obtained permission for the construction of up to 442 wind turbines with a total capacity of 1.35 GW, according to Svevind’s website.


    Other Articles - International


       Home  -  Feedback  -  Contact Us  -  Safe Sender  -  About Energy Central   
    Copyright © 1996-2023 by CyberTech, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Energy Central® and Energy Central Professional® are registered trademarks of CyberTech, Incorporated. Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. CyberTech does not warrant that the information or services of Energy Central will meet any specific requirements; nor will it be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall CyberTech be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use Energy Central. Other terms of use may apply. Membership information is confidential and subject to our privacy agreement.