Utilities are embracing cutting-edge technologies to transform how they operate and serve their customers. Private LTE networks have emerged as a game-changer in this pursuit, allowing utilities to harness the power of secure and dedicated communication networks.
From wildfire mitigation and grid visibility to mutual aid and integration of distributed energy resources, the universe of private LTE-enabled use cases is almost limitless. That new frontier of innovation and opportunity is fueling a wide and growing ecosystem of products, services, devices, and applications directly focused on addressing utility operational pain points and improving the customer experience.
To bring to the forefront compelling applications and use cases that are propelling leading utilities toward the adoption and deployment of private LTE, Energy Central, in partnership with Anterix, reached out to the community. We asked them to share their insights and stories for this Special Issue Edition, “Where the Rubber Hits the Road: Private LTE Networks and the Grid Applications Utilities Are Really Pursuing.”
And as always, the community did not disappoint.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cook, Director of Advanced Grid Services at Duquesne Light, shares her insights on how private LTE networks are “Enabling Resilient Grid Communication and Future Innovations.”
- Kelly Hoonan, Director of Business Development at SAC Wireless, writes about how “PLTE Plays a Major Role in Ensuring the Net Zero Energy Future.”
- Kenneth Rabedeau, Head of Energy Segment, North America at Nokia, shares his insights on “Designing a Future-Proof Utility Private Wireless Network.”
- Jean Jones, Director of Product Marketing, Anterix, shares “900 MHz Private LTE: The Foundation for Grid Modernization.”
- Marcos Ribeiro, Business Development & Product Management at Easy Metering, writes, “Empowering Utilities: The Importance of Risk Mitigation through Lab-Simulated Testing of Private LTE Network Operations and Grid Application Testing.”
- Community Member and frequent Energy Central contributor Changiz Sadr, Director of Cyber Security Global Alliance (CSGA), detailed a White Paper titled “From Vision to Reality: Private LTE Networks Transforming Utility Grids.”
- And last but not least – Bill Geisler, Utility Client Executive at World Wide Technology Inc., shares his insights on “Private LTE Security.”
We are pleased to highlight these stories, white papers, and more shared by Energy Central Community members, Anterix, and Anterix Ecosystem partners in this Special Issue Edition.
And as a reminder, the release of the Special Issue isn't the end of the topic but just the beginning. Let's make this Special Issue as interactive as possible: all the authors who submitted articles encourage you to leave comments, questions, and ideas in the comments section to which they can respond.
In this Special Issue Digital Magazine Edition, you'll find the best insights submitted by Energy Central Community Members & Experts. Read online or download it for later.
About Energy Central Special Issues:
Each Special Issue is a deep dive into a specific topic of interest to power industry professionals. Get the Special Issue Calendar here!